HEALTH ALERT: Information regarding COVID-19.
ICS Pharmacy has a retail pharmacy at our Niles location that provides specialty prescriptions services for patients who have been diagnosed with complex medical conditions such as cancer, blood disorders, etc.
Pharmacy & Dispensing Services
ICS’s comprehensive approach to providing specialty cancer and hematology care includes Medically Integrated Dispensaries (MID) serving the entire practice. Our pharmacy is staffed with courteous, knowledgeable and professional pharmacy team. Our dispensaries dispense over 500 prescriptions each month.
Advantages of Medically Integrated Dispensaries:
- Medications dispensed by dispensing physicians/pharmacy teams with extensive knowledge of complex cancer and hematology treatments.
- Access to special order medications (cancer treatments) that are not routinely stocked at local pharmacies.
- Readily available supportive care medications for the management of side effects.
- Coordination and sequencing of oral cancer treatments with other forms of treatments, such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy or immunotherapy.
- Coordinated follow-up visits with your physician and communication with your care team (including phone calls, etc.)
- Access to expert advise and consultation from a multidisciplinary care team (physicians, nurse practitioners/physician assistants, nurses, pharmacy teams, etc.)
- One-stop convenience for all cancer and hematology treatments – saving you time by coordinating your medication refill pick-ups with your doctors’ appointments and eliminating the need to make additional stops at the drug store.
- Faster processing of prior authorizations (required by insurance companies for cancer treatments) by an experienced and trained team due to the integration with the doctor’s office.
- Competitive pricing on most medications in comparison with large chain retail and specialty pharmacies.
- Experienced team of patient benefit representatives assist patients with affording expensive cancer treatments by applying for grants from foundations, pharmaceutical company coupon cards/vouchers, compassionate/free drug programs and other sources.
- Our MID can process prescription claims with most pharmacy benefit providers, including Medicare Part B and Part D.
How to request a prescription refill at our Niles ICS pharmacy:
Call the pharmacy at (847) 954-3480 and provide the following information
- Patient name
- Phone number
- Prescription number
- Name of medication
- Pick up time
ICS’ Pharmacy accepts cash, check, American Express, Master Card, Visa and Discover.
8915 W. Golf Road, 1st Floor
Niles, Illinois 60714
Phone: (847) 954-3480
Fax: (847) 827-1574
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Questions you should ask your pharmacist
- What is the name of the medication and what is it supposed to do?
- When and how do I take it?
- How long should I take it?
- Should I avoid alcohol, any other medications, foods or activities?
- What are any possible side effects that I may experience?
- Is there a generic version of the medication my doctor has prescribed?
- What if I forget to take my medication?
- Is it safe to become pregnant or to breast feed while taking this medication?
- How should I store my medications?