HEALTH ALERT: Information regarding COVID-19.
Second Opinions & Referrals
The physicians at Illinois Cancer Specialists are accepting new patients, and are always available for patient consultations, including second opinions. Our team of cancer care professionals will conduct a physical examination and review your medical records. Additional testing may be ordered for a more precise diagnosis. After evaluating your condition, your physician will explain your diagnosis and discuss your treatment options with you. Together, you and your physician will develop a personalized treatment plan, ensuring you get the right treatment for you.
Illinois Cancer Specialists is dedicated to providing compassionate, convenient, and leading-edge cancer care to patients in Chicago and the surrounding areas, offering:
- The latest treatment protocols
- Clinical research trials
- Innovative technology
- Individualized treatment plans
- Education at every step
- Stem cell transplants
- On-site testing
Questions to Ask your Oncologist
- Where did you receive your medical training?
- What happens if I need to be hospitalized? Which hospitals are you on staff?
- How will you communicate with my primary physician?
- How long will it take to complete a chemotherapy treatment?
- Will I need someone to drive me to my treatments?
- Will I be able to tolerate a long commute after treatments?
- Is my physician available after hours and on weekends?
- Where do I need to go for blood tests or imaging tests?
- How close is parking to the facility? Is there a charge?
- Do you offer language translation assistance?