HEALTH ALERT! If you have any of the following, please call our office before coming in for your appointment: Fever AND cough; Fever OR cough and recent travel (domestic or international to any destination); Recent international travel to areas impacted by the Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) within the last 14 days; OR close contact with someone who has traveled outside the US or been exposed to the Coronavirus. Read more
Cancer treatment and its impact on patients reaches beyond the doors to our cancer centers. That’s why we offer Nurse and Patient Navigators to assist patients when they’re not in our offices. Ask your oncologist about how a navigator can help you and your family manage the many aspects of cancer treatment and survivorship – before, during and after treatment.
Nurse navigators are experienced oncology certified nurses who help guide patients and their loved ones through the cancer treatment process -- both at the cancer center and once they’ve returned home. Patients often find their navigators to be trusted friends and counselors. The Illinois Cancer Specialists Nurse Navigators will:
- Meet with patients on, or before their first day of treatment to review the treatment process and how to handle side effects.
- Act as the patient’s main point-of-contact for any needs that may arise outside of the office, while undergoing treatments.
- Provide post-treatment phone calls to check on the patient’s status, and provide triage and symptom management for any issues.
- Provide recommendations for counseling support with referrals to counselors, bereavement or support groups as needed.
- Support patients on their transition out of hospitals after an inpatient stay.
Meet Our Nurse Navigators
Kim Daniels – Elgin
Tiffany Yandall-Diaz – Crystal Lake
Sue Griffin – Arlington Heights
Jerleen Rybak – Resurrection
Donna Krueger – Niles
This caring person will help with non-clinical assistance such as coordinating support services available in the community, arranging transportation for those who need it, connect patients with meal services, and more. They will also connect patients who need financial support with local community resources who can provided financial assistance.
Meet our Patient Navigator